6/12/20

Front page Forums Ask me anything 6/12/20

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rxchen2
    Participant

The portfolio approach comes into its own today.

1. Had I remained tactical, I would have struggled decisions re buy/hold/sell in the final thirty minutes of Thursday’s session.
    2. It wouldn’t have ended there. I would now be struggling with the same decisions right now. Had I opened on Thursday, do I close into today’s strength? Had I opted for ‘wait and see,’ do I chase prices here?

So Thursday I capture every penny of the decline – however, this morning I also capture every penny of the recovery. And hopefully, my bottom line ascends over (enough) time.

Back to the train analogy – a ton of investors disembarked on Thursday. There are many train routes (Sacramento to Reno) with steep drops and slow climbs through dazzling scenic views. A passenger comfortable knowing he will reliably arrive at the summit is able to sit back and enjoy the dips and rises, the twists and turns.

That’s the beauty of buy-and-hold.

rxchen2
    Participant

https://twitter.com/bullmarketsco/status/1271394344755515393

‘38% of S&P 500 stocks have triggered a MACD sell signal. A significant number of stocks are rolling over. (This is happening in the NASDAQ 100 and Composite as well)

Similar large spikes led to further S&P pullbacks and more volatility, particularly in recent years.’

Exactly the kind of tweet that intensifies fear among traders already predisposed to sell.

rxchen2
    Participant

Rally losing steam ~750 am. My take? It’s a good buy/ add point.

Wally
    Participant

I think you need to go back to the main Blog. I believe this is for asking Cam technical questions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.