Cam Hui has been seen in:
Cam Hui has been professionally involved in the financial markets since 1985 in a variety of roles, both as an equity portfolio manager and as a sell-side analyst. He graduated with a degree in Computer Science from the University of British Columbia in 1980 and obtained his CFA Charter in 1989.
Equity quantitative analyst since 1985
- Wood Gundy Inc (now CIBC World Markets), quantitative and special situations analyst
- Batterymarch Canada, quantitative Canadian equity PM
- Batterymarch Financial Management, quantitative global equity PM. Batterymarch was founded by Dean LeBaron, along with Jeremy Grantham before he left to start GMO.
- Graham Capital Management, long/short equity hedge fund PM
- Merrill Lynch, technical research analyst on Institutional Invest ranked team, which was the successor to legendary market analyst Bob Farrell
- Qwest Investment Fund Management, portfolio manager
- Consultant to hedge funds and blogs as Humble Student of the Markets
Broad range of experience
- Global markets (Canada, US, international, emerging markets)
- Wide product experience (Institutional, mutual funds, global natural resources)
- Bottom up stock selection, top down asset, country, sector selection
- Risk control and portfolio construction
- Trading cost optimization
- Product engineering, client service and marketing
Past notable public sector asset management clients: CALSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System) and OTPPB (Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board)
Also see The Humble Student story.