Here are several common problems that we’ve encountered from users.
I can’t log on
Your username is the first part of the email address that you used to register. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, then your username is myname. If you forgot your password, use this link for the password reset function.
Even if you don’t think you are signed on, please test if you are logged in is to click on a current post, which is shown in the bar on the right.
If you are still having trouble, please email me at cam at humblestudentofthemarkets dot com and I will try to solve your problem for you.
I can’t subscribe
The most common cause in this is a problem with the credit card:
- It’s the wrong credit card: We accept MasterCard and VISA only, or
- There was matching error: Either the code on the back of your card doesn’t match or your zip or postal code doesn’t match what’s on file.
- Browser compatibility: We have had sporadic reports of browser incompatibility with our site and subscriptions have been successful after switching browsers, such as from Chrome to IE, or vice versa.
If you are experiencing other difficulties, please email me at cam at humblestudentofthemarkets dot com
I don’t remember my password
If you don’t remember your password, use this link to reset:
I would like to change my credit card on file
You can change your credit card by clicking the link below and by choosing your most recent subscription on the right:
I am getting duplicate emails
The most common cause can be traced to the transition process from the old Humble Student of the Markets website to the new one. You may have subscribed to notification of new posts on the old site and on the new site as well. Please check the sender email. If it’s coming from firstname.lastname@example.org, then you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. We have no control over that list, you will have to unsubscribe from it yourself.
As well, please check that you are not subscribed to different lists under different email addresses.
We take your privacy seriously and there is always an option to unsubscribe from any email list. Paid up subscribers are sent notifications of new posts. You can unsubscribe from these notifications, but please be aware that action does not unsubscribe you from our service. For more details on our privacy and email policy, please see our disclaimer page.
Our email list management isn’t perfect and on occasion, you will be put on duplicate email lists. If that’s the case, please email me at cam at humblestudentofthemarkets dot com.
Are my credit card details secure?
Credit card transactions on our site are perfectly safe. We use a process called hosted tokenization as an extra layer of protection for credit card data. None of your credit card details are stored on our site. Here is how the process works:
- When you first subscribe and you get asked for your credit card information, control is passed from Humble Student of the Markets using a secured socket to the credit card processor, which takes your details and validates them. At that point, you are talking to the site of the credit processor, not our site.
- The credit card processor then gives us a multi-digit code called a token that identifies you and your credit card details using a secured socket protocol. This token is then stored at our site, but it is only good for charges to your account by a single merchant (namely Humble Student of the Markets, Inc.).
This way, even if our site were to be compromised, the intruders would only have access to tokens, which are useless to anyone else. No system is perfect, but this is an additional layer of security that we use to keep your credit card information safe.